Study of Pedagogy
- full-time study at a dance conservatory with a differentiated curriculum in a four-year educational model, culminating in a diploma in dance and artistic-pedagogical training
- graduation with emphasis on artistic-pedagogical performance, theoretical subjects of additional pedagogical studies and graduation thesis
- the graduate is well trained for the pedagogy of the basics of stage dance techniques and additional subjects for preparatory and basic performance levels (schools and extracurricular activities such as ZUŠ, DDM, dance sports clubs, movement aesthetic sports, etc.)
- is prepared for studying the following subjects: dance science (pedagogy, choreography, theory and criticism), physical education, cultural and sports management, dance and sports physiotherapy, promotion - communication - p.r. etc.
- candidates for training in the field who are not accepted may take courses in dance pedagogy within the framework of "Further training of teaching staff"
Training of dance teachers has been a traditional activity of the Centre for more than a quarter of a century: eclectic dance education and methodology of teaching dance techniques, training and retraining of dancers, teachers of dance, physical education and other movement aesthetic disciplines are among the main goals of TCP in the interest of rapid transformation and healthy development of the art of dance. The Dance Centre Prague is the professional guarantor of this educational model - it provides the teaching staff, theoretical background (library, audio and video library, teaching materials) and the know-how necessary for its implementation.
Length of study: 4 years - teaching according to a differentiated plan + 12 weekend (2-3 day) classification seminars per year + three weekly camps, the weekend schedule includes 12 practical and 4 theoretical hours + individual consultations + 6 hours of group and split teaching and consultations
Admission procedure: talent tests and "differential exams" allow successful applicants to be admitted to the 5th year of the eight-year dance conservatory, the condition is at least the beginning of studies at secondary school with a high school diploma or the completion of secondary education (high school diploma), in the case of higher education
Differentiated educational programme: a four-year educational model focused primarily on "artistic pedagogical and professional training" - methodology of tanning techniques, pedagogical subjects and professional theory
Profile of the graduate: the study is completed by graduation with emphasis on artistic and pedagogical performance, theoretical subjects of additional pedagogical studies and graduate work. The graduate is PREPARED to teach dance up to the conservatory level and additional subjects for preparatory and basic performance levels (schools and extracurricular activities such as ZUŠ, DDM, dance sports clubs, movement aesthetic sports, etc.). The graduate is optimally prepared for studying university courses in: dance science (pedagogy, choreography, theory and criticism), physical education, cultural and sports management, dance - sports physiotherapy, art therapy, promotion - media communication - public relations, etc.
How to apply? Candidates fill in and send by post or by e-mail an application form for studying at a secondary school, conservatory in a branch with a talent test, then we will inform you about the date of the tests. Candidates will take practical and theoretical tests (take with you: training clothes and shoes, writing materials), proof of previous studies: an officially certified copy of a high school diploma or a secondary school diploma, or a university diploma, optional: a recommendation from the school - employer, confirmation of work experience, etc.
Criteria for the selection of participants:
1. the applicant is a non-certified teacher of a conservatory, primary school, primary school, sports club coach, professional dancer - he/she has pedagogical but not professional education - he/she is accepted on the basis of the results of talent tests and the recommendation of the director of the respective school, sports union, club, club, education department of the region, etc.
2. the applicant is a professional dancer with many years of artistic experience - has a professional, but not pedagogical education - is accepted on the basis of the results of talent tests and the recommendation of the director of the company, theatre, etc.
3. the applicant is a graduate of a secondary school or university of non-teaching and non-artistic type, is accepted on the basis of the results of talent tests and evidence of previous studies, his/her studies are conceived as a complementary study of pedagogy and at the same time artistic and pedagogical training in the field of "dance"
1. Body Building - preparation for teaching dance techniques: development of physical and psychological prerequisites, posture, joint and muscle disposition, rhythmic feeling, acrobatics, coordination of movement, movement intelligence
2. Classical techniques - teaching methodology: practice, theory
3. Modern techniques, or eclectic connection of graham, limón, horton techniques - "contemporary dance", teaching methodology: practice, theory, info about historical forms - expressive dance, modern dance
4. Jazz techniques - teaching methodology: practice, theory
5. Folk and ethnic dance: Czech, Moravian and Slovak folklore, flamenco, afro, clogging, etc.
6. Additional techniques: dance sports, tap, acrobatics, ballroom dance
7. Pedagogy, psychology, didactics: considering the needs of pupil categories - theory
8. History of dance: selected topics in dance and theatre history, contemporary dance trends, artists, schools
9. Basic music concepts - theory: selected areas with regard to the RVP ZUŠ
10. History of music: selected topics in music history, music drama and synthetic genresů
11. History of art and architecture: selected topics in the field
12. Professional training: cultural management, economics, copyright, promotion, fundraising, stage technology, digital sound and image processing
13. Anatomy and physiology: selected areas with regard to the needs of primary schools, primary schools and graduate profiles, relaxation, compensation and rehabilitation theory and practice, methodology for the dance profession
14. Basics of choreography: building choreographic etudes, movement compositions - focused on preparation and how to present your own pedagogical work and the work of your students